COLON HYDROTHERAPY QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
IS COLON HYDROTHERAPY EMBARRASSING?
After the self gentle insertion of a small tube into the rectum, tubing carries the water in and wastes out in a gently pressurized system-no mess, no fuss, no odor-in fact, a very relaxing experience. Except for the insertion of the tube you are completely covered during the entire procedure.
IS COLON HYDROTHERAPY PAINFUL?
Rarely. Sometimes during the procedure, the muscles of the colon contract suddenly, expelling considerable liquids and waste into the rectum. The contraction may feel like cramping or gas with pressure in the rectum. Most of the process is mild and gentle with a wonderfully light and empty feeling afterward.
CAN ONE BECOME DEPENDENT ON COLONICS?
No. Actually, one of its good features is that it can tone the colon muscles so it doesn’t perform so sluggishly.
WILL ONE COLON CLEANSING COMPLETELY EMPTY THE COLON?
Almost never. Many of us have ten or more pounds of impacted feces in our colon. This is hardened, rubbery material and substantial work must be done to remove it. One cleansing removes some, the second more. Your personal objectives will determine how many you may wish to have.
CAN COLON HYDROTHERAPY WASH AWAY ALL BACTERIA, EVEN THE GOOD?
The helpful colon bacteria can only live in an acidic environment whereas the harmful ones thrive in an alkaline colon environment. Most people, due to years of improper eating, lack of exercise and poor elimination have an alkaline colon environment. So it’s helpful to flush away the bacteria in an alkaline colon.
The great benefit of the cleansing program is to change the environments from alkaline to acid. After the therapy we will give you probiotics to replenish the good intestinal bacteria. We encourage you to take probiotics daily in order to maintain the good intestinal flora, especially if your diet is not “perfect”. see our products for details
HOW DO YOU IMPROVE THE FUNCTION OF YOUR COLON?
- Learn proper food combinations
- Eat 50% of your food raw. They should be fresh, organic, in-season from your local area.
- Get a wide variety but eat smaller quantities.
- Drink half your weight in ounces of water daily sip it, not with meals, but either 1 to 1 1/2 hours before meals or 2 hours after meals.
- Chew your foods properly by slowing down while eating and relax.
- Reduce stress and tension by exercising daily, and getting the proper amount of sleep.
- Avoid intestinal overloading by responding to the “call of nature” immediately.
WILL LAXATIVES ACCOMPLISH THE SAME RESULTS AS COLON HYDROTHERAPY?
While laxatives can be helpful when immediate backup relief is needed, they work by irritating your system rather than cleaning it. When a laxative is taken, your body produces a substance that is expelled from the body, but there are still impacted toxins and waste remaining. With our colon hydrotherapy treatments, we gently flush water through your system to clear out those toxins and relieve the body stress from an impacted colon. Colonics even help hydrate the body instead of simply removing waste.
HOW IS COLON HYDROTHERAPY DIFFERENT FROM AN ENEMA?
An enema will introduce liquid to your colon, which leads to expansion of the lower intestinal tracks, leading to removal. This treatment commonly causes cramps and bloating, and can even strain your body. Enemas also only target the lower part of the colon, which is equivalent to roughly 1.5 feet.
In contrast, colon hydrotherapy gently flushes your system with the calm inflow and outflow of water to help dissolve toxins in the colon. Colonics enable a natural flow of particles out of the body, instead of forcing them, which is why there is no pain involved. Our treatments target the entire colon, which is roughly 5 – 5 ½ feet long. With colon hydrotherapy you’ll enjoy a full cleanse of the entire colon via a gently, calming procedure.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT AFTER A COLON HYDROTHERAPY TREATMENT?
Immediately following your colon hydrotherapy treatment, you’ll feel a sense of internal cleanliness and lightness. You may even feel energized and see clearer skin. By removing the toxic bacteria and build up from your body, your body will feel relieved and have a chance to grow healthy bacteria for a balanced system.
In the days following your treatment, you may experience irregular movements. Most clients report a slight delay in bowel movements, but this is normal as your body is adjusting to the cleanliness. After a few days, you should experience somewhat larger and easier to move stool.
HOW DO YOU KEEP YOUR COLON FUNCTIONING WELL?
When it comes to colon health, you have to make a long-term commitment to keeping your body functioning smoothly. Here are some tips for a cleaner colon:
- Stay hydrated – The more liquid that flushes through your body, the better chance there is of bad bacteria being removed. Aim to drink half your weight in ounces of water each day. It is best to drink water one hour before a meal or two hours after.
- Eat right – Try to eat more raw, organic vegetables. Aim for 50% of your diet to be raw. Also, eat more fibrous dishes and avoid sugars when possible. You’ll want to eat smaller portions, but more frequently throughout the day.
- Exercise regularly – Daily exercise can help reduce stress and tension in the body, allowing your system to work as intended. Increased exercise will also lead to better sleep habits.
- Listen to your body – If you feel the need to use the restroom, go. Don’t wait as this can add pressure to your colon and overload your intestines.
It always helps to cleanse through Lymphatic Drainage Therapy